Swift Biosciences announced the launch of its Swift RNA Library Kits today. Leveraging the company’s innovative and patented Adaptase® technology, the Swift RNA Library Kits allow direct conversion of first-strand complementary DNA (cDNA), reverse transcribed from RNA, into high-quality libraries for Illumina® sequencing. Swift is entering the RNA-Seq market with two kits, the Swift RNA Library Kit which supports a broad input range and demonstrates superior data quality for transcript mapping and detection, and the Swift Rapid RNA Library Kit which is the fastest and lowest-priced RNA library prep kit on the market.
“Core facility managers across the globe told us they wanted to spend less time and money making RNA-Seq libraries”, said Drew McUsic, PhD, Swift’s Sr. Product Manager. “With more than half of all NGS libraries in the world being prepared for RNA sequencing, Swift is introducing faster and lower-cost workflows that meet that need. Our kits also incorporate product features to support library prep automation, consistent library yields and low adapter dimers across a wide range of input amounts, and best-in-class transcriptomics data without requiring input-dependent adapter titration.”
These new products include an RNA fragmentation module, a reverse transcription (first-strand cDNA synthesis) module, library preparation reagents, polymerase, and several indexing primer kit options for single, combinatorial dual, and unique dual indexing. The kit manuals include detailed instructions for compatibility with upstream enrichment and depletion methods, as well as how to accommodate varying RIN score samples. In addition, the Swift RNA Library Kits can easily be paired with Swift’s Normalase kit, enabling enzymatic normalization of libraries to the optimal concentrations for loading Illumina sequencers.
Swift RNA Library Kits Highlights:
- Quickly and reproducibly generate libraries with low dimers and no adapter titration
- Save on library prep costs
- Compatible with automated liquid handling robots, with supplied reagent overfills, custom packaging options, and FAS Support
With Swift RNA Library Kit:
- Support a broad range of RNA inputs, from as little as 10 ng total RNA or 100 pg of poly(A)-enriched mRNA or rRNA-depleted RNA
- Maximize mapping rates, genes detected, and transcript coverage
- Go from RNA to library in 3.5 hours
- Save as much as 50% on the cost of library prep
The Swift RNA Library Kits are available in 24- or 96-reaction kit sizes, with combinatorial dual indexing for multiplexing up to 768 samples or 96 unique dual indexed samples per sequencing run.
Applications and Sample Types:
- Gene Expression Profiling, Alternative Splicing, Rare and Novel Transcripts, Gene Fusions, Isoforms, Structural Variants, Allele-Specific Expression, Disease-associated SNVs
- Hybridization Capture Enrichment
- High Quality RNA (blood, saliva), Degraded RNA (RIN <7), Low Input (< 100 ng total RNA)
About Swift Biosciences
Swift Biosciences, based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, develops enabling technologies for genomics, translational and clinical research. Swift's technologies expand the range of sample inputs to broaden applications of next-generation sequencing (NGS). The company has developed unique intellectual property (IP) to enhance adapter ligation to both single and double-stranded DNA, improve multiplexed PCR for targeted sequencing, and enable novel solutions for NGS workflows. Swift’s new RNA Library Kits are the fastest on the market and powered by Swift’s Adaptase® technology, which allows stranded RNA library construction directly from first-strand cDNA.
Swift's portfolio enables new applications in multiple industries, including agrigenomics, pharmaceutical, academic, biotechnology, and oncology research fields. For more information, visit http://www.swiftbiosci.com/ and follow Swift Biosciences on Twitter (@SwiftBioSci).