Dr. Jon Kurkjian provides tips on selecting a plastic surgeon for breast lift surgery, including verifying ABPS certification, viewing past results, ensuring two-way communication, and more.
Fort Worth, TX -- Breast lift surgery, medically referred to as mastopexy, is one of the top aesthetic surgical procedures performed annually. In the opinion of board-certified plastic surgeon Jon Kurkjian, MD, the treatment’s continued popularity is largely due to the exceptional breast enhancement that can be achieved for varying degrees of ptosis. Of course, he adds, the key to attaining an excellent outcome has much to do with choosing the right breast lift surgeon.
According to Dr. Kurkjian, individuals who are interested in breast lift surgery should look for the following criteria when selecting a plastic surgeon:
- Board-Certification through the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) – This certification is evidence a physician has undergone stringent training and testing unique to the field of plastic surgery.
- Skill in Breast Lift Surgery – Before-and-after photos of previous breast lift patients can provide a good indication of a plastic surgeon’s ability to achieve desirable outcomes for a variety of different cases.
- The Addition of Breast Implants Is an Option – In some cases, a breast lift with augmentation is necessary to create one’s preferred breast size, shape, and overall aesthetic.
- Surgery Is Performed in a Hospital or Accredited Operating Facility – Hospitals and properly certified surgical centers (such as those that have attained AAAASF accreditation) uphold the highest standards of safety and excellence.
- Open Communication – A strong doctor-patient rapport is essential to formulating an effective treatment plan, setting realistic expectations, and ultimately achieving optimal results.
- Positive Reviews and Testimonials – Online ratings and patient testimonials can offer a glimpse into the type and quality of care one can expect from a particular plastic surgeon.
In the end, Dr. Kurkjian notes that if something ever feels questionable or does not live up to one’s expectations during the process of choosing a breast lift provider, prospective patients should continue their search elsewhere. “You should be entirely confident in whom you choose to perform breast lift surgery, and there is nothing wrong in consulting with multiple doctors until you are one-hundred percent satisfied with the experience, competency, and overall credentials of your chosen plastic surgeon. Breast lift surgery is a major decision, and you want to be positive your care is in the best of hands.”
About Jon Kurkjian, MD
Dr. Jon Kurkjian is a board-certified plastic surgeon in Fort Worth. At his practice, he offers a complete array of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures, including breast lift, abdominoplasty, rhinoplasty, injectables, and skin rejuvenation—all of which he customizes to meet the unique needs and goals of each individual. Among numerous honors and accolades, Dr. Kurkjian has been named a Top Doctor in Fort Worth Magazine and 360 West Magazine, as well as a Super Doctors® Rising Star in Texas Monthly. He is also a recipient of the esteemed RealSelf 100 award.
For more information, visit jkplasticsurgery.com. Dr. Kurkjian is available for interview upon request.
To view the original source of this release, click here: https://www.jkplasticsurgery.com/news-room/fort-worth-plastic-surgeon-shares-what-to-look-for-in-a-breast-lift-provider/
Jon Kurkjian, MD
5825 Edwards Ranch Rd.
Fort Worth, TX 76109